"Yards and Yards . . . "


Tucker and Marks, San Francisco

Greetings,

So I'm working here in my office today.  With my favourite pair of tailoring sheers.  And my tape measure.  And the work orders / estimates for four different workrooms.  And a bolt of 78 yards of toile.  For an amazing new master bedroom that we're just starting to work on.

Toile.  Go big, or go home.  

David Kleinberg, for Architectural Digest
(photography by Eric Piasecki)
SMW Design, Mountain View Project 
(photography by Eric Tagan Hooten)
From the textile collection by Manuel Canovas
Tim and Kit Kemp, for Elle Decor
(photography by Simon Upton)
Anne Hepfer for House and Home Magazine
SMW Design, Mountain View Project
(photography by Eric Tagan Hooten)
Windsor Smith 
Anne Coyle Interiors, Chicago

SMW Design, Atherton Project
(photography by Eric Tagan Hooten)
Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Carol said…
Love toile. Considering using it in my redo in our guest room. I'm drawn to the brown and cream toiles, but haven't made up my mind.
You can't just toile one thing, got to toile it all !
I wrote a post on toile too, but did not publish as I did not like my photo choices. These are wonderful. I believe every home should have a of toile somewhere....I do!
Yes, Maureen - every house needs a hint of toile! There's even a few items here at the house!

Cheers,
Scot
Great photo choices. Toile is tricky to work with. How many pieces do you cover with it, what other prints go well, etc. Shiree'
hi ya toile! I love it. you're right, toile big or toile not at all.
Anonymous said…
it's going to be lovely..toile is a perennial favorite...

maureen
How I love toile! My master bed room is done in the lovely Schumacher Birds of Paradise moss green toile (wallpaper, drapes, upholstery and bedding). Definitely go big!!
Unknown said…
To Toile with love...I love it in the blue/cream colors and photo #2 is so sweet with little cat awaiting a nap time buddy.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!
With kind regards from the Netherlands!!!!!
Silvia

Popular Posts