"Sunday Runway, Michael Bastian . . . "


Greetings,

Well, it just kinda seemed appropriate for the newest posting in our fashion-themed Sundays to focus some attention on my friend Michael Bastian.  Last Monday evening, Michael Bastian was awarded the "Menswear Designer of the Year" from the CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) - and I couldn't be more pleased and delighted.

Here are some of my favourite images of Michael's work - he's taken the idea of classic American sportswear and given it a style and attitude like few before him.

Michael Bastian, Spring 2011

Darren Criss, in Michael Bastian, from GQ


Michael Bastian Lacrosse Sweater, Fall 2010

Michael Bastian, Spring 2011

Michael Bastian, Fall 2009

Michael Bastian, Fall 2009

Michael's New York Apartment

Michael's New York Apartment


Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Maison de lin said…
Hi,
I've never heard of him. But, I love his style. This is just perfect.

Greetings
Jérôme
Belle de Ville said…
I like the decor of his apartment better than his menswear designs!
Belle,

Isn't Michael place GREAT!?!?!?

Cheers,
Scot
Maison,

Keep an eye out for him - great style and beautiful fashions!

Cheers,
Scot
Love the Michael Bastian line for Randolph Engineering sunglasses. He takes the classic aviator and kicks it up a notch. Very talented guy. Great post! Thank you!
quintessence said…
Love his designs and his stylish apartment. Knew he had style from his days at Bergdorfs!
Unknown to me until today, I will keep an eye on him. Love the apartment. Ciao.

Popular Posts