"A Mini-Break . . . "


Greetings,

There might be a few of you out there who DIDN'T have a crazy week - and if so, I kinda don't wanna hear about it . . . lol.  For the rest of you who, much like myself, seemed to be in a spinning, and somewhat unending, game of chase-the-to-do-list - I'm going to book each of us a little cyber-vacation for the next few moments . . .

Some time to lounge in the bed, reading the paper.  Enjoy a piping hot cup of coffee.  And maybe a shockingly unhealthy carbohydrate.  Remember, there are no calories on the internet . . .

So come.  Relax.  Enjoy.  Wander . . .

Coopers Beach, Southampton NY, 2010  (photography by Scot Meacham Wood)
If you happen to be on the East coast - maybe 
a long walk along Coopers Beach in Southampton . . . 


And for those of us out here on the west 
coast . . . let's just use Carmel.  It's closer . . . 

Southampton, NY  (photography by Scot Meacham Wood)
We could take a quick jaunt around town on a vintage bicycle.

Presidio Heights Project, SMW Design   (photography by Nicolas Smith)
And plan a little lunch - al fresco . . .

Marina Project, SMW Design  (photography by Eric Hooten)
Or, if it's too warm, we could just have a quiet lunch inside . . . 

Miles Redd, New York
Clearly, we'll need a place to curl up and 
read a book in the afternoon sun . . . 


Southampton, NY.  (photography by Scot Meacham Wood, 2010)
Or we could just take a long walk around town . . . 

Michael Smith, for Elle Decor
Clearly, there will be multiple venues for lounging . . . 


The Surf Lodge, Montauk NY  (photography by Scot Meacham Wood, 2010)
And we'll need more food.  clearly.

Coopers Beach, Southampton.  Just after sunset. (photography by Scot Meacham Wood)
See.  We've spent the entire day relaxing 
together . . . and it only took a few moments.

Breathe in.  Breathe out,
Scot

And a giant 'THANK YOU' to everyone who supported my One Kings Lane Tastemaker Tag sale this week - btw, there's still a few things left - so head over and make sure you didn't miss anything good. 

Comments

I needed that more than you can imagine!! Can we do again tomorrow? Congrats on your sale- it always makes for an exciting week!

Best,
Christina
greige
Unknown said…
glad your sale was such a success, scot- well done!

hoping your weekend is restful...
Merlin said…
Great "wish photos!" franki
katiedid said…
Busy? Understatement!
Thanks for the beautiful breather!
diane said…
Ah Carmel...my hometown. Thanks for the trip home. And as for the sale, those d... tartan boxes sold out too quickly!
Stu Hodgkiss said…
I really wish I could be here
Maggie O said…
Thanks for that.
I am going to use this for the next 3-4 weeks leading up to my finals and exams...the deadlines just hit me and then I saw your post...I am breathing once more.
Design Elements said…
Wonderful breather! Breathe in. Breathe out...
La Dolfina said…
Thanks! I needed that!
Unknown said…
I have an Electra bike, similar to the pink one. Can you believe mine is not pink? What was I thinking?!

Surf Lodge - so cool and viby. Had dinner there last summer!!

So happy your OKL sale went well!!!!
xo Elizabeth
ps: I have been running around like mad....no end in sight!
Scot, Thanks for the little cyber-vacation, it was lovely. Looking forward to more. Love your blog! Stop my mine sometime. All the best. http://interiordesignnashville.net/blog/
james White said…
Lol i love the idea of a cyber holiday that just sounds like a great idea. The house looks great inside, wish i could go to a beach home this year. All i get is a campervan :(

Popular Posts