"The Irish Country House . . . "



Greetings,

There are several perks to the 'design blog' trade.  Firstly, it provides a place for me to share all of the flotsam and jetsam of my life - you know - those things that make life worth living.  And of course, the opportunity to share my design inspirations . . . and I love knowing that there is such a large community of folks who are as passionate about design as I am.

But, one of the other perks is - getting an advance look at design books coming down the pike.  And this is a CLEAR favourite.  The Irish Country House.

I've scanned in a few images . . . seriously - it's a beautiful book - filled with amazing photography.  And with great style.


Enjoy . . . 





"The Irish Country House chronicles a remarkable group of houses and castles that have survived the vicissitudes of Ireland's history and are still in the hands of their original families. From breakfront cabinets filled with generations of monogrammed heirloom china to canopy beds keeping the chill of an Irish winter at bay to cabbage-rose slip-covered sofas nestled under tall Gothic windows, this book takes the reader on a tour of these residences, many of which have never been published before, providing an intimate look at 'a marvelous hotchpotch of rooms and decoration.' "










Cheers,
Scot

ps.  a big 'thank you' to Vendome Press for the advance copy of this wonderful book.  


Comments

Splendid Sass said…
Oh my goodness, Scot! This is right up my alley! LOVE IT! This will be a for sure buy. Thank you for sharing.
Teresa
Thanks Scot for the wonderful preview. This is on my Christmas list....
Thanks for sharing a wee bit o' beauty. (sorry...corny I know but couldn't help it)
hello,
now I'm still living in my parents' house, but someday I want to make a new home and live with my wife. I really love it when I found this blog, because I dream of having a nice house interior design. this blog makes me inspired. Thank you very much
Right up my ally! And yes, you are the first to blog about it! I haven't seen it anywhere! Others are sure to copy.

...Will definitely run right out to get it. I have already put it up on my site as a button in my "Books I'm reading" section, linking it to your site! Hope you'll stop by and see!
Warmly,
CC
http://currentlychic.com
This is outstanding...totally diggin' that bathroom art.
Come on over to Nero and visit my Scottish country lodge ; )

Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Scot,
Simply stunning. This is the joy of being a designer looking at research on style, space, color, and emotional excitement when we feel sparks of genius surge through us. Magical!
Great preview thanks for sharing!

Bette
designchic said…
Such beautiful images...that staircase and ceiling are amazing!! Thanks for the sneak peak -
Love this post AND your blog so much that I did a mention (and linked to) you today. Hope you will stop by and see it and, of course, comment! Thanks for always giving us such interesting content!
Warmly,
CC
http://currentlychic.com
Deborah said…
Thank you for sharing such a fine new design book. I have stacks of them; I turn to them for ideas, inspiration and deranged distraction.
I fell hard for Irish houses with Robert O'Byrne's storytelling--about proud eccentric beauties, great and small, with crumbling plaster, peeling paint and gorgeous antiques, sometimes so mouldering that the maid falls through the ceiling and onto the dining table below-- in his book, Romantic Irish Country Houses.
I look forward to leafing through this newest Irish houses book... and appreciate your tip and, as always, your lively, lovely blog.

aka @citypassion
abby jenkins said…
Oh the bubbles in the bath! What a fabulous touch.

I will put that book on my wish list, and be sure to memorize every single detail before we head to Dublin this spring. When does it debut?
This is a great post with elegant pictures! Definitely picking up this book over the holidays...
Unknown said…
Hi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it,Its really helpful for me, hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Plantscapes designs

Popular Posts