"Falling . . . "



Gathering Leaves
by Robert Frost




Spades take up leaves

No better than spoons,

And bags full of leaves

Are light as balloons.




I make a great noise

Of rustling all day

Like rabbit and deer

Running away.




But the mountains I raise

Elude my embrace,

Flowing over my arms

And into my face.




I may load and unload

Again and again

Till I fill the whole shed,

And what have I then?




Next to nothing for weight,

And since they grew duller

From contact with earth,

Next to nothing for color.



Next to nothing for use.

But a crop is a crop,

And who's to say where

The harvest shall stop?



Unpacking tweed,
Scot

(interior images from Elle Decor.  Design by Michael Smith)

Comments

Love the fall colors! A nip is definitely in the air...
Splendid Sass said…
I am soooo happy that Fall is here! Beautiful images here. Love the horsies!
You know, that Frost guy knew a lot about life.
Have a nice weekend, Scot.
Teresa
Alexina said…
The vibrant autumn colors make me positively swoon! How I adore this time of year. Thank you for feeding my orange/red fetish!
Leigh Ann said…
Soo lovely! Thanks for the poem and the images. A moment of calm and beauty on a busy Friday.
Patricia Harmanci said…
Asolutely beautiful. Thank you.
Rebecca R. Dyer said…
Wonderful selection of rooms.
Beautifully posted.
Thank you!
designchic said…
What a beautiful selection of rooms, fall images, and poetry. I feel instantly more relaxed...Happy Friday!!
This makes our little San Diego fall feel so insignificant. Now that I think of it, it also makes me feel insignificant. Those pictures are amazing! What a beautiful decorator Mother Nature is.
I love the poetry interspersed with the imgages, just lovely. I am always enchanted by your posts. Happy Fall!
Pinky said…
Im love that poem and the images are spectacular! I have to get outside with my camera and capture our Fall beauty! Thanks for inspiring me! Pinky
Spockgirl said…
Great capture of the vibrant colours of fall. Oh, and that black four poster bed is fabulous. A few more beautiful images and I might be inspired to start nesting.
Blog Author(s) said…
Bee-Yooo-Ti-Full.

Thank you so much.

Popular Posts