"I Love 'U' . . . "


Greetings,

Well, this was always going to be a somewhat unenviable task.  How does one follow-up the flurry of tartan from this past weekend . . . How does one keep ones readers inspired and engaged . . . How does one love anything more than plaid?

Hopefully, this will fit the bill perfectly.

Because "U" stands for . . .



"Upholstered Walls"



There is little that is more luxurious than a room swathed in textile.  
Either adding great aplomb - like this sitting room from Jeffrey Bilhuber  . . . 



Or dark drama - like this bedroom from Mary McDonald.
Yards of chalk stripe flannel . . . trimmed with gleaming nailhead.



Though technically 'draped' and not 'upholstered' - I've always loved this room from Roger Banks-Pye.
Some well-edited cutter . . . and a leopard printed banquette.  What more could one ask for?



And, how can you go wrong with the gracious style of Charlotte Moss?

So there.  Chic.  Stylish.  And lightly padded.  

Cheers,
Scot

Comments

D.B. said…
I am crazy about upholstered walls! I have upholstered a dining room (in a red a beige toile hunt scene, I miss that room!) and the powder room in our last house. It made it quite sound proof and all my guests enjoyed this added privacy. I would love to upholster the den here at The Ranch but that would be a little labor and cost intensive for a rental. I will just have to be happy with my floor to ceiling upholstered headboard!
Splendid Sass said…
Well I can't imagine a more beautiful post! All of my favorite designers.
The room by Miles is over-the-top gorgeous!
Such beautiful wall coverings.
Have a nice day, Scot.
Teresa
I love upholstered walls too. We have had them in our bedroom for years and do so enjoy that look. The dining room is another wonderful place for upholstered walls. It is wonderful for acoustics when you have several people gathered together for dinner!
CC
PS Speaking of dinner, will you check out the "Dinner party in my head" at Currently Chic? http://currentlychic.com
Would absolutely go crazy to hear from tartanscot!! Huge fan! Tx.
designchic said…
These rooms are beautiful...I especially love the Jeffery Bilhuber sitting room - stunning!
Couldn't agree more! Love upholstered walls!
could not agree more.
gorgeousness.
just found your blog and im in love.

xo
ashlina
thedecorista.com

Popular Posts