"Lunch at Dawnridge . . . "


Greetings,

Well, I'm safely returned to my little slice of heaven here in San Francisco. I awoke early this morning to the gentle sounds of a pre-dawn drizzle - and curled up dreaming about a magical land . . . Dawnridge.

When I realized last week that I might be able to sneak down to LA for a few days - I sent emails to a few friends to see what might be going on. Any parties I should go to? Anyone going to be in town for WestWeek that I could see? What would the weather going to be like?



Well, huge thanks to the amazing Ronda Carman - who replied almost immediately that she might be able to get me on the guest list for a luncheon hosted by Hutton Wilkinson at the Tony Duquette designed Dawnridge estate.


The wonderful setting for our luncheon.
Outside in the garden. Under the trellis. On the antique china.


Touring through the gardens after lunch.

The experience of being at the house is clearly going to be difficult to describe. To say that it is a feast for the eyes is a shameful understatement. Lavish. Exuberant. Charming. Theatrical. And well loved. And much enjoyed. And to say that I was charmed by the delightful Hutton would be a sad understatement as well. He was such the perfect host - and clearly enjoyed seeing his home through our fresh, excited eyes. And turning to remind us to 'keep up' if we began to fall too far behind.

And when I say 'touring through the gardens,' this is what is mean . . .

But, since you weren't able to enjoy the tour with me,
I found this wonderful video - with Hutton giving a peek through the house and the gardens.




I was only in LA for just over 48 hours - 2 luncheons, 2 parties, 4 star sightings (if you count seeing Jake from the Bachelor), 1 flurry of paparazzi (for the aforementioned Jake, at The Ivy), and a perfect time to catch up with friends - both old and new.

Back to work,
tartanscot

Comments

Beryn said…
What an amazing experience! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Such a delightful experience; thanks for taking us along..
hugs ~lynne~
Scott, I'm so bummed I missed you! I was at the PDC yesterday to hear Ronda and then went to the One Kings Lane party at Almont Yard. Next time you're in town, let me know -- I'd love to buy you a glass of champagne (or two). :) Your lunch at Dawnridge is NOT to be believed! What an incredible day that must have been. Hallowed ground, my dear, HALLOWED ground! xxx
Oops, I got carried away with the extra "t".
Toad said…
I truly enjoy your blog. It fill sme with inspiration daily.

Thanks you
Philip Bewley said…
Loved seeing this, Scot!
La Maison Fou said…
Sounds like a perfect spot to grab a bite and take in the sunshine! So uplifting where it is still sadly cold & rainy here today!
Bon appetit!
L.
Cashon&Co said…
ohhhh, i am so jealous. was it everything you imagined? i think Dawnridge is what Heaven must look like! maybe?! just gorgeous.
Thanks for the tour, what an amazing home. "Beauty over luxury"... I love that !
Amanda Teal said…
Oh my god that must have been an amazing experience! It looks breathtaking in the photos...I'm sure even better in real life!

xx Amanda

Popular Posts