"I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing . . . "


Greetings,

It's clearly not the fevered dreams of HAL9000 . . . and it's not "Daisy, Daisy" . . .

World renowned musician and composer Eric Whitacre decided to see if the internet could sing.

He produced part tracks to one of his sublime works, Lux Aurumque, and let the world sing along . . .

People. Around the world. Learning music. Singing into their computers. Vocal files emailed. And compiled. People sitting on a virtual hillside. And singing into the night sky . . . in perfect harmony . . .

Turn up those speakers . . .

and you might need a kneenex . . .



And keep it company,
tartanscot

And a big thank you to the wonderful GrannySmithGreen - who sent this to me. I was well aware of the project - and had planned to take part . . . but, it's almost more magical just seeing it. It is truly one of my favourite pieces of music. And I've performed it several times with my chamber choir here in SF.

Comments

Karena said…
Scot, how fabulous and so moving.

Giveaway is up on my site so come and join in!

Karena
Art by Karena
Anonymous said…
Goosebumps... thanks for sharing!
Just Heavenly! (like Anon said, "goosebumps")

Hugs to you, kind friend!

Popular Posts