" Grrrrrrrrr . . . "

Good morning y'all,

The good news - I've survived the holiday weekend with flying colours.

1.   The client's party in Palo Alto went off without a hitch.  And lots of great feedback on the project.  (Of course, I was in 'design mode' during the party as well . . . and I noticed a few changes that we need to make to help the house flow a tiny bit better.)  

2.  Great trail run on Sunday with barely any muscle issues or sunburn - lol.

3.  Back in the office and feeling REALLY inspired.

The bad news - 

1.  The house is in a shameful mess.  seriously.

2.  I have a huge pile of work to slog through today to finish getting ready for a big meeting tomorrow.

3.  I have another marketing meeting this afternoon for the new website . . . and need to get some storyboards together - and write some website text.

4.  I noticed that I have been blogging shamefully rarely these last few weeks.  I've been searching for a topic that moves me . . . or inspires me . . . or amuses me . . . or feels worth writing about.  Grrrrrrr.  It's either just simple 'writer's block,'  or (and I suspect this might be it), I'm directing all of my creative energy towards my own design work these days.  Yeah, let's say that's it.  

So, here's a general 'howdy' to everyone out there.  Yes, I'm still alive.  And except for my messy house, things are moving along nicely.  

Comments

I always look forward to a post, even if they are a little few and far between. Your still on the top of the list for being the first one to get the wedding dance on you tube to me :) Good luck with the mess!
Laura,

just here sitting at my desk taking a break from the 'where in the hell should the piano go' space planning project this afternoon - and laughing out loud. thank you.

Scot
Unknown said…
Well I feel honored you took the time to drop us a quick note. My day was unfortunate. I installed some accessories for a client last Friday. She returned about 80% of them today. I found out through a friend that she had a party on Saturday. I charged her for time spent and a fee for four damaged items that she returned. She is threatening to sue me because I'M being unfair and charging exorbitant rates. I hate that it takes the creative fun part away from this job. And makes me have a love/hate relationship with design.
AB,

Unfortunately, there's 'design' and then there's the 'design business.' Ugh. Trust me I know.

Sorry to hear that you're having challenges with your client. Clearly, the fact that you were not told about the event in advance says a great deal.

Hang in there,
Scot
AlwaysMe said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thinking of you super Scooter! Maybe we need to get together to reinvigorate our blogging. I need a bit of inspiration--and time! Hope all is well!
I can relate. Fortunately I can ignore the state of the manse. At least until I turn around.

My trick for writer's block is to either go for a walk, or just start writing anything. Eventually something works its way to the top.

Good luck with everything.
Blog Author(s) said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts