"Grace under pressure . . . "

Grace Coddington and Anna Wintour
Greetings all,

To even suggest that the new documentary, "September Issue," focusing on Anna Wintour and the fall edition of Vogue might actually 'star' the viscerally talented Grace Coddington may be seen as stepping over the boundaries of hierarchy just a bit. well, maybe not. Let's say 'co-starring.' Or maybe they are the best representations of "yin" and "yang" in the fashion industry today.

I don't want to give anything away for those of you who haven't had a chance to see the film - only that I highly recommend it to anyone who is passionate about artistry and creativity. (and anyone in the business of being creative, as well.) These the two strong talented women so clearly show the struggle of keeping the commerce of style alive. (and a few fun moment of seeing the reality behind several scenes in "The Devil Wears Prada" . . . lol)


And just wait until you see the myriad of photo shoots and fashion shows. And the mundane events that can inspire such amazing beauty. There was a sublime moment when Grace, the magazine's creative director, is riding in the back of a cab.  She tells of the advice she received from Btitish photographer, Norman Parkinson, "Never shut your eyes or go to sleep in a car, train, anywhere.  You might miss something inspiring  . . . " And that, my dear friends, is some wise advice.



I hope everyone is having a great weekend,
tartanscot

Comments

Dumbwit Tellher said…
Thoroughly excited for this film. Thanks for the great trailer. Keeps the excitement going until the big release here in Houston.

Happy Sunday ~
Yes, I saw this movie friday night and LOVED it! Grace definitely stole the show -what a great lady. I feel like I could learn a lot more from her than from Anna, and have fun doing it!
Scott Fazzini said…
Scooter, I can't wait to see it!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you liked it. It's playing tonight at 9:50.... now, if only I had someone to go with...
and I LOVE Andre Leon Talley - who is about 10 shades of amazing and maybe 15 shades of crazy!
Anna said…
Oh, how I envy that you have seen The September Issue.

Oklahoma sucks on a lot of levels.
Kalee said…
Can't wait to see this! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend.
Scott -

I need to know what you thought about the film . . . you should be home by now . . . lol.

Scot
soodie :: said…
I saw it saturday. Loved Grace Coddington. I don't mean to be sourpuss sally here, but I was left with a lot of unanswered questions. Perhaps, I was expecting more meat from a 'documentary'. I wanted to know more hows and whys. How and Why did Anna Wintour make her decisions. Did feel, however, that Grace Coddington filled in some of these answers and explained some things. Ok, sorry.. I'll stop.

Popular Posts