"A Brief Encounter . . . "


Greetings all,

It's always such a great delight having amazing people in my life. Several weeks ago my sweet friend David B. said, somewhat casually, "If you're free on Saturday, September 26th, just make plans to spend the afternoon with me. It's a surprise." Well, David and I have known each other for what seems like forever, and I'm more than happy to block out an entire afternoon for whatever he might have in mind.

Well, today was the day. We met downtown just after noon. And walked around a bit before heading up Geary Street. And stopped suddenly, in line, for the ACT Theatre - and a matinee performance of Noel Coward's "Brief Encounter." Yay. Heck, double yay.


It is a difficult show to explain - to say that it crafts a story and staging from every medium (stage, film, and music) is kind of an understatement. Let me say - it is delightful and imaginative in the extreme. A clever mixture of cinematic elements, lively singing, audience interaction, and a classic heartbreaking love story. And a perfect afternoon's entertainment after a long week's work.




Here is the tour schedule - I recommend it quite highly to everyone.

still humming,
tartanscot

Comments

extremely cool link to youtube.

xx

Popular Posts