"Bad news, Good news . . . "

Greetings all,

Yes - it's been a little unproductive here in the "Land of Tartanscot." The last few days have been an exciting ride on the 'I-wonder-if-this-is-just-the-regular-bed-rest-and-fluids-flu-or-should-I-rush-to-the-hospital-flu-?' adventure. After several days of just feeling cruddy but, with nothing more than a low fever, I'm assuming that I'm in no true danger . . . in fact, I've been back in the office a bit today to slice through the mail (both in 'snail' and 'e' format) But, there is good news to balance everything out . . . and quite good news it is . . .

Either in some sort of fever-addled haze, or maybe it was the medication - but, last night, I had a crystal-clear, sparking vision of how I want the house to look for the holiday season this year. And not a moment too soon. Christmas is coming quickly!

Here's what I'm thinking so far - A canopy of garland stretching from the chandelier in the dining room to the four corners of the room. Maybe the antique German china on the table? Multiple trees decorated with nothing but simple, white lights. And I'm sure there will be pheasant feathers mixed in with the fresh greenery. And somehow, there will figs on the menu. and maybe a rich, warm lobster soup.

Hmmmmmm . . . still thinking . . .
tartanscot

Comments

I agree on the white lights. feel better soon.
You are killing me with the Christmas plans already! How lush and wonderful they sound! For now, make sure to get yourself well. I went through that, "what is this stuff" not long ago. It was short lived, thank goodness. Do hope that at least the medication will bring on happy lovely thoughts of the season ahead!
"I had a crystal-clear, sparking vision of how I want the house to look for the holiday season this year" - this is one of the best lines I have read on a blog all month! And, this is why I love design blogs. You know that all of your readers will relate to your vision. It is nice to find a corner of the internet with kindred spirits, isn't it?
AlwaysMe said…
Mmmm...your Christmas decor sounds divine and the food scrumptious. Just let me know what time to be there. I promise to bring a nice gift.

Feel better soon.
Feverish dreams of beauty. Are there any other kind?
So sorry you are not feeling well- happy that your creative mind is giving you great ideas!
Inspirera Mera said…
Hope you feel better soon!

Popular Posts