"Southern Comfort . . . "


Good morning all,

As previously stated, I've got a new computer (which I love) and I've been culling through all my transferred image files trying to re-organize them into a usable format - the good news is that I've been re-discovering some of my favourite images.


These shots were from a recent "Southern Living" and were designed to show some of the best details of southern living and southern style. I grew up in Mississippi and my heart still stirs at the sight of these gracious, elegant interiors and I love the simplicity of the 'stem' green/ivory colour story.


Ooooo . . . just look at that ceiling height (a must for the ubiquitous southern heat). I might have done something different with the window treatments, but loving all the french doors.


You've got to love a bank of floor to ceiling windows allowing the light to flood into this beautiful family room.


and, yes, we have another charming bathroom. I love the idea of that hammock on the back porch just waiting for a big white bathrobe and a good book.

Comments

Blue Muse said…
Southern comfort, indeed! Hi there, I found you through Katie (katiedid) and I'm so glad that I did! My family is from Virginia, and these photos sure do look like home! Since I'm on the West Coast, I'll take a shot of southern comfort when I see it! Thanks for such a beautiful one!
xo Isa
Anonymous said…
I'm loving those doors too - those wide panes. Mine are up for an upgrade soon, so I'm borrowing (ahem) ok, stealing that image for my collection!
Terry said…
That is a great house. The living room has tall triple-hung windows that you can open to make extra doorways. The next best thing to an outdoor shower is a shower that feels outdoors, like this one.
Mr. Peacock said…
Oh my gosh....
I'm having bathroom envy again,
first with the Michael Smith bathroom...
and now this lovely, airy bathroom
with the exposed brick and
relaxing green color....
and the tub, Calgon take me away!
Hold on now while I grab my smelling salts! This Southern gal is just swooning! (Man, I just knew you had REAL Southern roots! I have noticed a "yall" or two in past posts!)

CAN'T WAIT to talk more! I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks for the beauty and inspiration!
-GSG
These images are stunning! Thanks for sharing.
ALL THE BEST said…
I've been doing the same thing! It's like reuniting with old friends!!

I didn't know that you're a Southern boy!
Anonymous said…
It looks stunning, really love that pale green color and that exposed brick wall in the bathroom.
Hello from Scotland (UK). I'm in love with your fantastic blog!
Keep looking and filing...I am loving your pictures.
Unknown said…
You know that thing about can't take the South out of the man - you still have that Rhett Butler swagger going.
Happy Twirls
Unknown said…
You know that thing about can't take the South out of the man - you still have that Rhett Butler swagger going.
Happy Twirls

Popular Posts