"Busy, busy, busy . . . "


Good morning,

I hope everyone has a great weekend planned. I have a to-do-list that might rival the size of the federal tax code. But, I digress . . . .


Whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed by a project, I try to take refuge in some good design. And, heaven bless Miles Redd for being there for me this morning. The delightful Mr. Redd's projects always exhibit such exuberance and unabashed joy.



"In the parchment-colored living room - - where Redd installed a button-tufted corner banquette to augment the armchairs ad deep sofa - - the interior is spirited, from a white painted console with a impressive eagle base to a neoclassical fauteuil to a bronze table whose pedestal is in the shape of a gnarled branch."


oh, and yeah, this was my place last night at midnight. The new carpet for my bedroom came in yesterday. So most all of my furniture is piled in my study while I get the new floor covering down in my bedroom. lol.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That Miles Redd place is heaven. I adore that oversized circle mirror over the mantle and the neoclassical mirror hung on the shelves.

As to the condition of your study, I would watch your shins, for sure! Can't wait to see the photos when it's done!
I really like the eclecticism in these rooms - Great Pictures!
LadyeLisa said…
. . . and heaven bless the delightful Mr. Wood for an unfailing pick-me-up after a day of hard manual labor in my own abode!

I'll focus on the first photo, if it's all the same to you.
Ladye . . .

LOL. You have my unending permission to ignore my place for the moment . . . lol.

whatcha working on at your place ?
LadyeLisa said…
Mostly sore muscles . . . of the "wax on, wax off" variety. Spring cleaning on the patio AND in the house.
Scott Fazzini said…
Oh, j'adore a Miles Redd room! His work is a great reminder that good design doesn't have to be so serious.

Even in the midst of a project your home still looks stunning!
LOL . . . thanks Scott. It was a good day yesterday. All the carpets have been placed and now I have the while day to get started on the styling.

There's a great video on Miles' place in New York on the Domino website . . . in case you haven't seen it.
Anonymous said…
Love the painting on your wall in the last picture.

Popular Posts