"Indoor. Outdoor. Indoor . . . "

SMW Design, East Hampton Pool House
(in R. Lauren Patio Stripe Indoor/Outdoor fabric)
Greetings,

Been shopping this week - with a very particular focus on indoor/outdoor textiles.  And let me assure you, these aren't your mother's outdoor fabrics!  Gone forever are the stiff, board-y fabrics that felt more like a body scrub than a poolside chair.

So many of these versatile fabric would be perfect for any indoor use as well.  Personally, I've used them  to upholster sofas in the family room, and they can be the perfect answer for hard working dining chairs!

Here are a few favourites from last week's shopping:

Ralph Lauren "Patio Stripe" (available through Kravet)
Perennials "Hissy Fit"
Perennials "Row Stripe" (in Sea Grass)
Pierre Frey "Hossegor" (in navy)

(click on any of the "names" for more information.)

Miles Redd, New York.
From House Beautiful.
SMW Design, Presidio Heights - Outdoor Dining.
SMW Design, Presidio Heights Outdoor Dining
(with Rug from Ballard Designs)
Joe Nye, from House Beautiful 
Michael Smith, for Elle Decor.
Don't forget the sunscreen,
Scot

Comments

katiedid said…
Scot!
the SMW Pool House if perfect! I especially love the chair in stripes.

I am reminded of being inspired by your patio photo a year (or two?) ago for our back yard....and it is finally starting to look like something! I will post about it sometime soon.

LOVING seeing more of your fine work lately!
Katie!

I'm SO excited to see the progress in your outdoor space!

Cheers,
Scot
Merlin said…
CLASSY!!! franki
Alex said…
Scot,

If I'm not mistaken, the final photo in this series is Michael S. Smith, not Miles Redd. Double check?

Love the blog,

-A.
Alex -

Thanks! That what I get for typing fast - ha!

Cheers,
Scot
Reggie Darling said…
The Miles decorated porch for Gil Shafer's house in Dutchess County, NY, has been a favorite of mine since I first saw it (and the rest of the marvelous and beautifully decorated house) in Elle Decor years ago. It went right in to my clippings file. Reggie
This post makes me look forward to summer!
Btw, I love the '70's photo of you in your previous post. It's saying a lot that you looked handsome even then! '70's photos of myself are not that kind.
A.J.Barnes said…
I did a posting about redoing my own dining porch weeks ago. It's still not complete, so I'm stealing some of these ideas!

www.ajbarnesonline.blogspot.com

Popular Posts