"Oscar de la Renta . . . "



Greetings,

As I mentioned last week - I was delighted to be able to attend the Keep Tahoe Blue fundraiser over the weekend at Lake Tahoe. It was a perfect Saturday. Clear skies. Warm temperatures. And amazing fashions were on the agenda for the day . . .

The event takes place at a spectacular private residence right on the lake . . . with a swarm of valets parking both cars (pulling into the private drive) as well as boats (at the private dock stretching from the lake shore.) And in between, the beautiful tree-shaded grounds flowing with champagne and the snappy sounds of a jazz trio.

A truly magical day . . . . enjoy . . . .
(click on any image for a MUCH better view . . . )



The view of the party from the dock entrance . . .


And from the collection of willow chairs looking out on the guests arriving by boat . . .


The weather couldn't have been any better. Warm. A gentle breeze. Dappled sunlight. And the view out onto Lake Tahoe wasn't too bad either . . . lol . . .


But, we were here for the show . . .
the collection from Oscar de la Renta, Resort 2011
Here are a few of my favourites . . .

which is yours?


#1.



#2.



#3.



#4.



#5.



#6.



#7.



#8.



watching the sailboats from our table . . .



And, just in case you were wondering what we wore to the party -
a virtual panoply of madras, silk, and bow ties!


Cheers,
tartanscot

for more information on the Keep Tahoe Blue project, click here.
for more information on Oscar de la Renta, click here.

all photography, Scot Meacham Wood for "The Adventures of Tartanscot"

Comments

Madina Aryeh said…
I'd take that strapless beige...
@Medina - it's truly a beautiful gown . . . great choice!
3, 6, and 7 are my favorites. Looks like everyone had fun!
Teresa
(Splendid Sass)
Renae Moore said…
What a fabulous party! Since I am soon to be the mother of the groom, I will take dress #3 and #6!
Perfection!
LadyeLisa said…
I'm totally loving #5 . . . it looks amazing! But I think #6 is my favorite. Love the color splash. What fun!
Spockgirl said…
S'wonderful...
Hmmm.... #1 and 3 seem to be Chanel inspired. #4, 7 an 8 definitely De la Renta. My personal fave is #5 but... without the shrug.
S'marvelous.
Fashion is such great inspiration, and wow, lucky you to be part of such a great event! You guys look awesome too.
What fun you must have had! I'll go with #1 and well, of course, the green lovely! It appears that you could not have asked for better weather.

The boater is quite dapper!
Mrs. Blandings said…
I'm picking #11. (That would be you.)
katiedid said…
Looks like you had a grand time! I hope the rest of the weekend was just as fabulous!
thanks y'all - we really DID have a great time! And it was just SO nice to be in some traditional *summer* weather for a few days . . .

yay - shorts!
DAM said…
Dig the whole ensemble. Especially the Boater.
Anonymous said…
Hi there! I LOVE your blog! (is just a bit of a shout in the middle of a sentence ok?) I am new.

I think this might be the house that my husband's family rented every year for about 20 or more...in the summer. I will find out.....for sure.

There are some lovely, unchanged big old houses on big old properties up there......I will ask the name.

they are unchanged from the twenties and thirties...

It just looks sooooo familiar!

Lovely post....lovely clothes....lovely place to have it!

How original! Oscar at Lake Tahoe! Must be those San Francisco fans......(that is where my husband's family comes from! Now Atherton and Woodside.....They grew up on the corner of Vallejo and Buchanan....lots of ties to Tahoe!

Popular Posts