"High Point Market . . . Trending . . . "

Wesley Hall, High Point Market

Greetings,

Firstly, I feel a little bit funny about pronouncing any specific 'trend' after my visit to High Point Furniture Market a few weeks back.  I could have just as easily taken 20 or 30 pictures of pastel painted wood finishes or white industrial spaces and announced them as 'the new thing.'  That very fact alone is what I most enjoyed about my four days in North Carolina.

Wesley Hall, High Point Market

I simply walked around - through a rough sea of buyers and vendors - in a constant state of delight and amusement.  I think there may have been nothing (trend, colour, or style) that is not completely represented within an 8 block radius of where the cab dropped me each morning.


And because of the abundance of options - I was able to find any number of things that delighted my eye.  I've always love traditional design - but maybe because of my southern upbringing - I've always been drawn to colour.

Bunny Williams, High Point Market

Vibrant oranges.  Sassy celadons.  Tart greens.  Saturated reds.  Blinding yellows.  Usually wrapped in a calming foil of cremes and ivories.

Tobi Fairley and Hickory Chair, High Point Market

Sometimes it was just a simple punch of colour - like this exciting collaboration between Tobi Fairley and Hickory Chair.

Two's Company, High Point Market

Sometimes it was a riot of pattern and colour - like these super sassy garden stools from Two's Company.  It actually became quite humorous - nearly everyone that I ran into would mention that they had seen these - and would exclaim "Have you seen those garden stools?!?!?!?!?  You were the first person I thought of when I saw them."

So, yes.  I saw them.  And I love them.  And one of them will be mine.

Bunny Williams, High Point Market

Sometimes the calming collection of blues injecting a little bit of punch into a seating group.  When in doubt, you can't go wrong following the lead of Bunny Williams!

Acquisitions, LTD North Carolina

Even when I was shopping for antiques with Patricia Shackelford - bright reds and lime greens bursting forth from across the years . . . lol!

Sorry for the delay in getting my High Point posts up.  The good news is that I returned from North Carolina to a whirlwind of new projects . . . but - I've got a few more posts up my sleeve.  So - check back later in the week . . .

Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Karena said…
Scot I was so thrilled to read at Patricia's ( my fellow Kansas City Blogger and Friend!) that she had a great time touring High Point with you!

Terrific pics!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena
Cris Angsten said…
I'm actually relieved that no trend has been announced in the days following High Point. It seems then everyone wants to be on the bandwagon instead of being attracted naturally to things that draw them as individuals. Maybe I'll go next year.
Great post. I don't know if it is the natural counterpoint to so much beautiful neutral Belgian design of the past two years, but I'm really feeling an urge these days for traditional spaces alive with color. N.G.
i love seeing high point via your eyes scot, cannot wait for many more. wesley hall looks divine
debra
Love the garden stools! You must have all three!
When we move back to the US, I keep thinking that my home will be the complete opposite of what you have shown here.
All the shiny new furniture to begin with :)
I guess I will have to rely on fabrics to keep our home full of antiques, trendy enough ..
I do love that desk :)
besitos, C
Anonymous said…
LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I will happily follow.

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)
Jo said…
I love the vintage framed poster in the first image.
Dovecote Decor said…
Hi Scot: Great to meet you at HP. If there was one trend I saw, I thought it was the return of plaid, which should make Mr. Tartan Scot happy. I had about 4 posts, if you want to come by and say hello. Went through your projects and love your work!
Best,
Liz
Anonymous said…
Hey Scot,
I know this is a bit off the topic, but do you happen to know what brand are those shoes the man wearing in the third picture? I'm in love.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kris

Popular Posts