"Bring Your Readers to Work Day . . . "


Greetings,

I've been in and out of the office so much these last few weeks . . . between traveling for High Point Market, Blogfest (which I still need to report on . . . sorry!), working here in San Francisco - and with several projects on the east coast . . . it's always great to know I'm settled back in my bright, little office - for at least a week or so!  I moved into this space almost exactly a year ago.  And I recall saying then that I would post pictures once everything was done.

And, no.  It's not like it has taken a year to finish the office.  It's just taken that long to finish it.  And photograph it.  And put together a post here . . . lol.


And since I know y'all love a good before and after story . . . .


Let's cast our collective memories back a year ago . . .


And recall those first images that I posted on Facebook about the new office space . . .



Yep.  This is what we started with.  


Beautiful vintage hardwood floors.  


A great view of the park.  


Glorious morning light.  


A functioning fireplace. 


And a little room to grow . . . .

And now, let's just leap to the present.  

You may recognize some of those tartan chairs from our holiday shoot for Rue Magazine a few years back.  Well, they wandered into the office a few months ago - and are just happy as clams to be here. 


Everyone has their morning ritual.  Around here, it involves coffee. 

And I can assure you - my desk is rarely this clean - lol.  

For those of you interested in those jaunty little tartan dressers.  They're basically from IKEA.  And then painted black.  With bevelled mirrored tops.  And tartan wallpapered drawer fronts.  
Sometimes you just need a little weekend project.  lol.  

Our sample and catalogue library.  And the every-useful work table. 

Just a small portion of our design books. 

Thanks for stopping by,
Scot 

Comments

HAMPTON HOSTESS said…
Wow, I love everything you did with the space! Thanks for sharing!
New subbie!

Barbara
All the Best said…
Fabulous! Love it all!!!
The space looks amazing...what a great place to work! xx
Denise said…
Loved meeting you at Blogfest and your office is just scrumptious. Now post me a pic of it in disarray so I will feel better about mine!! So great to have a beautiful space to work and show off your tartan talent! Hope to see you soon in my travels.
Denise
Merlin said…
I "drool" over those chairs! I saw them on "the sale" but couldn't swing it :( They look perfect in your setting. franki
Vickie H. said…
Love! I lust after those yellow tartan chairs every single time I see them! I would think such a wonderful space would really fuel your creativity! Thank you for sharing!
Serena said…
I think I recognize two of those pictures - now in my own office! Love them!
Serena -

Yes! We photographed this long before my One Kings Lane sale . . . and a few items were included in that offering.

Glad to know that my little treasures have found their way to a new home.

Cheers,
Scot
Scott,

I love what you've done to the place!

Thank you for sharing your secret for the Tartan chests...a great project. I am pinning that now for a future project.

Have a great week!
Aw. My heart be still... love it all! So fabulously chic and tartan-y! :-)
shut your damn tartan mouth. your office is like a warm coffee cake muffin with crumbles.
Ok. I have to post about those chests. I've seen them over time on the blog, wondered where the heck you got them. Now I know. I'm soooo happy. I'm totally inspired.
I remember when you posted the before oucs on FB last year. The office looks amazing, I love it. Just perfectly YOU!!!
mikky said…
Such a great office space! I would never have guessed those are ikea bureaus! Impressive, I thought they were antiques. Hmmm maybe you should test them out on the antique road show. I like that you took a close up of your bookshelves, I always love checking out what books people have. The only things I would add to your office would be a tin of short bread and a stack of Mackintosh`s toffee boxes (or maybe a bowl of them) at your coffee area (and I am surprised you didn`t go with an ornate silver tray, but that is a great shade of blue). I like how even your cutlery matches your design. Really fun to see where you work, you must love going there every day.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com
Wow, just gorgeous. What a fabulous idea for those chests.
Susie said…
What a wonderful place. You did a fabulous job. Smiles, Susie
I gasped when I saw the bullion fringe on the skirted work table. Seriously, how has no one mentioned that divine detail?!
Lee said…
Really great space...you worked your magic... pssst... with all that drooling and lusting over those yellow chairs... you might want to have them cleaned to freshen them back up. Truth be known ... I left a little puddle too.
:)
Lee
AlwaysMe said…
Inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Generous of you to share the secret of the tartan dressers. Love it all.
Unknown said…
Scot,
I am in awe and admiration for what you have created. I love that it reflects you so much and yet looks like a space that inspires great ideas for future spaces.

Well done!!!!
xoxo Elizabeth

ps: Love all the other posts above..."parade of ideas" is a grand little sentence!

Popular Posts