"Falling . . . "


Greetings,

Before we fall headlong into the frantic pace of the holiday season (and I'm including Thanksgiving in that list of holidays!) - I could really use a moment of rest and introspection.  I know that personally, I'm still organizing my plans for the next few weeks.  What parties am I going to?  What parties am I hosting?  Can I squeeze a quick trip to NY in there somewhere?  And if so, what am I going to pack for such an exciting, last-minute adventure?

So as a flurry of question marks seem to spin about me - there's always the respite - and the solace - of great design and impeccable style.

Fall. 

Dogs.

Plaids.

Aged Leathers.  

Travel.

Tweeds.  

Leaves.  

Velvets.  


Inspirations . . . 


SMW Design, my bedroom from years gone by . . .
(photography by Nicolas Smith)


SMW Design, my drawing room - dressed for holiday a few years back . . .
(photography by Nicolas Smith)

One of my favourite rooms, from Barry Dixon


Scotland, a perennial inspiration . . . 

Alessandra Branca, for Elle Decor (photography by Joshua McHugh)


Also from Alessandra Branca . . . 


SMW Design, a small corner of 'the study' . . . 

Oh, to be in New York right damn now . . . 

SMW Design, the living room - overlooking the San Francisco Bay at night . . . 
from Eric Cohler . . . one of my favourite images of his work

Or maybe something a bit more quiet . . . 

Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Vickie H. said…
You had me at "DOGS"!!!! Wonderful inspirational post!
i share your inspirations scot in their entirety.
yours is still my favorite bedroom, so handsome
debra
Anonymous said…
Makes me want to cozy up to the fire with a cuppa tea under my tartan plaid throw! I so wished I could have joined you at your Holiday Decorating Fete last week! It looks like you had loads of fun. I am looking forward to lots of beautiful holiday inspiration here this year!
Hugh said…
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love. Hugh
vignette design said…
I'm with Vickie! You're killing me!
Diogenes said…
Love your drawing room. Also love the Eric Cohler pic...black wood floors are so classy.
Anonymous said…
My goodness! How could I love every single image!!
I am so pleased that we met at the SF Antique show!

Do you ever come to Santa Barbara?


I loved going to the party in Los Angeles at the new Scalamandre showroom on La Cienega!
It is fascinating to me.. When I started, 41 years ago; all showrooms were in storefronts on Robertson.......now they are migrating from the PDC to storefronts on La Cienega.
I adore the new "Robertson" why be in a "mall" in our climate! The same "intimacy" is in the new showrooms........I love it! I loved meeting you!
And I love your "stuff" and your "style!"

Penelope

Fascinating!
YONKS said…
Inspirational - THANKS! I'm off to Scotland for a week at the end of the month- can't wait!!! Do you need anything from the motherland?
Di
x
Merlin said…
That little stone retreat...pure fantasy. I need some of that, too. franki
Linda McMullan said…
Reading your Blog Posts and drinking in the images is a lot like eating French Silk Pie...simply divine.
AlwaysMe said…
Thank you so much for posting all of these beautiful images. The image of Scotland is especially breathtaking - it hardly looks real. The fall colors are so vibrant right now. Happy fall!
Pigtown*Design said…
Dogs. Plaid. Scotland. Fall. What could be better!
Linda Leyble said…
Hi Scot - love your inspirations and your interiors (loved the shot of your old bedroom - wish I had that today!) - and your Barry Dixon, Branca and Kohler pics.

Wonderful way to start a post too...with the dogs. I need one in my life again. If you come to NY - let me know. I'm on Long Island.


Linda
Thanks, I needed that this morning. Your inspiration always reminds me to stop, re-focus and appreciate. Another cup of coffee and I'm going to scroll through again...
Unknown said…
Scot,

Nice touch as we enter the holiday season festivities and start scheduling events. Puts the holiday mood front and enter lovely post.

Bette
Renae Moore said…
Scot,
I love your style and enjoy seeing so much what you do. Looking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for this Christmas! Are you singing with your group?
xx
Anonymous said…
I agree with Vicki - dogs, dogs, dogs and more dogs. LOVE the drawing room!
An omg-gorgeous post Scot. You are putting us into the season! So bummed I missed your decorating workshop at Kravet. Heard it was a huge success! Shiree'

Popular Posts