Jonathan's top 10 for a one-day makeover
1. Mantel: Make it a focal point.
2. Artwork: Look for pairs, trios, and groupings.
3. Lamps: Evenly distributed, and don't forget dimmers.
4. Rug: Use it to define a seating area.
5. Pillows and Throws: Bring in more layers of color and texture.
6. End tables: Think of every surface as a potential tablescape.
7. Bookcases: A showcase for objects as well as books.
8. Mirrors: More light!
9. Ottomans or Stools: Versatile extra seating.
10. Plants: Every room needs a touch of green.