14 February, 2009

"Period. George."

Good evening,

Part of today's shopping flurry included a stop by "Period George" - one of the most delightful places in San Francisco. I love this charming shop in the Richmond district which features the most glorious collection of antique china, flatware, stemware, silver, and everything to set a gracious table.

I found a great collection of 18th century hand etched glassware that should fit nicely into my ever-growing array of table service. I just purchased a few pieces (some tiny, square-footed stemware which could be perfect for champagne), but plan to add others to my collection over the next few months.

Hope you're having a great weekend
(and, yes, I'm blogging and doing laundry on Valentine's night. so there.)



Anonymous said...

Period George also has some of the most amazing antique silver as well. Post a picture of your new glasses.

wanna see!

GrannySmithGreen said...

The fact that you were doing laundry last--well, that's why we like you so much!

Period George raided my fantasy pantry. Give it ALL back! Hee hee! Etched glass, how divine!

I thought of you with my post that's scheduled to publish in the morning. Hope you like it!

tartanscot said...

*sits on the edge of my seat*

LadyeLisa said...

Inquiring Minds want to see the new stemware!

Pigtown-Design said...

Wow. this place looks like heaven!

ravishing_toes said...

this is also one of my favorite places! You have great taste.

I wish I could go shopping with you!

tartanscot said...

aw, shucks 'ravishing', thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails