"Snow. White . . . "


Greetings,

It seems awkward to continue on with our lively decorating contest . . . without taking a few moments out to reflect on the news over the weekend.  I reached out to numerous friends on the east coast, in Connecticut in particular, as soon as I heard.  Luckily for me - it seems that my friends were spared this horrible tragedy.  

But, as a nation, as a world . . . we're all involved.  One can't say, "that's not anyone that I know" and simply move along with one's day.  With one's holiday shopping.  With one's travel plans.

So . . . we're going to take a little time out here at Tartanscot . . . if only to scroll through a few images of calm and reflection.  To count to ten.  To think of loved ones.  To put the hectic holiday schedule away for a few moments.  

And to remember . . . 














Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Reggie Darling said…
Thank you, I needed that...
Ron said…
Well said... Thanks.
Cheryl said…
Beautiful images today. Thank you.
Karen said…
Scot,
Thanks for this. The horror of that day still brings tears to my eyes. I hope there can be some good come of this tragedy.
Karen
Maggie O said…
How thoughtful...thank you and lang may yer lum reek!
Victoria said…
It is all so incredibly sad.
Merlin said…
There is so much beauty and good in the world which makes this all the more haunting. franki
Thank you for this pause. This whole season is feeling heavy and this time out is nice.
I think we all need to pause and reflect on what is truly important this holiday season…why it takes a tragedy to do this is always baffling to me but it seems to work that way…this one has been particularly troubling to us all…our hearts and prayers go out to each and every family that are hurting from this horrific event. May we never be the same because of it.
Marcy said…
Such a nice post. The quiet and peaceful images are welcome.

Popular Posts