"Sunday Runway, Haute Dog . . . "


Greetings,

As many of you might remember - I had the great pleasure of participating in the "Haute Dog Fashion Show" a few weeks back - a charity event to raise money for Canine Companions for Independence.  It's been a crazy few weeks since the event - but I wanted to share a little background . . . and some great images of the night . . .

1) First . . . we'll need a dog . . . 

Me and Redford, the German Short-Haired Pointer . . . all ready for our close-up!  Redford belongs to my good clients Joe and Stacy . . . and not only good clients - but, great friends as well!

2) Then, we'll need an inspiration for the outfit for the fashion show . . . 

For the design of the actual outfit . . . I let Redford be my guide!  Since his breed is a classic European hunting dog . . . something kinda outdoory was clearly going to be in order.  A classic wool plaid would make up a large part of the design . . . with chocolate silk velvet trim and details. 


And you have to love anyone, in this case my amazing upholsterer, who was delighted to help with the design - and we were able to construct this perfect German Hunting Jacket. 


And everyone needs proper headgear . . . in Ralph Lauren "New Market Tweed" with leather trim. 

3) We'll need a fitting . . . 

Redford was such a good sport . . . this was the original fitting. Only a few weeks before the show.  

4) Then all we'll need is a runway . . .

And here we go.  
After walking the runway for the official show . . . we were asked to come back for a second viewing for the judges.  Between our two visits to the runway, Redford had decided that he'd had enough of that damn hat.  And there was NO changing his mind!  If I'd been thinking - I'D have put it on . . . lol.

We were just one of over 70 dogs and owners in the show . . . here are a few other favourites from the night . . .





And this is Satchmo!   And his owner is Paula West.  And since we were organized back-stage by last name . . . Satchmo and Redford spent the entire evening playing . . . while we tried desperately to keep them from damaging their outfits . . . lol.

And the best part . . . the over 500 guests . . . all 'oooing' and 'ahhhhing' over all the dogs and raising money for such a great cause.

Woof.  Woof,
Scot

(images by Kira Stackhouse, for Nuena Photography)

Comments

Haus and Home said…
These gave me a great laugh this morning. All so cute! I have a cavalier king charles spaniel and he would look adorable in the German hunting jacket. Great job!
Sarah said…
Redford gets my vote! He was the most handsome doggie there. His hunting jacket was perfection. Thanks for sharing!
I've been eagerly awaiting this post and it put a big smile on my face this morning! The plaid was perfect with Redford's spots. What a creative and fun way to raise money.

Thank you for sharing.
Splendid Sass said…
Oh this is so adorable, Scot. Love the plaid! Such darling puppies.
Teresa
xoxo
Jen said…
What a fantastic event! Redford looks dashing, and I enjoyed all the pictures of the pups.
Susie Q said…
These are wonderful! The dogs and their clothes! Redford is positively handsome! Our Winston (a Corgi Mix rescue) is drooling with envy!
Love,
Sue
Lisa Porter said…
I love love love this! Good for you Scot for joining in for such a great cause! Good for Redford too!
I'm sharing this on facebook at The Gracie Porter Collection!
xo Lisa
I could never get Pup to wear a hat.
They all look doggone good !
besitos, C
Great post. I'm partial to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in the first photo and the bicycle basket photo as I'm a cavalier owner!
Anonymous said…
LOVE the post and the party!

what a wonderful cause....and so many colorful and interesting people came!

QUITE A COUP!!!!!
Merlin said…
Both you and Redford were "top dogs!" franki
Anonymous said…
What a great outfit! Very Sherlock :) We have ruby cavalier and I think we would have had to go with the tweed as well! So sophisticated.
Gwen Driscoll said…
Cutest thing I've EVER seen! I love it...great to see you last night. See you shortly!
Unknown said…
Scot,
What a fabulous event! I'm writing with Molly on my lap...and she looks just like the Cavalier in the first photo and in the bicycle basket. Oh, I love the outfit you created for Redford.

Fabulous!!!!!
xo Elizabeth
The hat and sunglasses are priceless. So adorable they had professional portraits done.
Susie said…
I loved Redford outfit...pockets !!you could put many things in them . treats, phone,or taxi money.LOL Smiles to you, Susie(She Junks)
Victoria said…
very smart indeed Redford was spot on!
By Jove, Redford looked smashing! Thanks for sharing!
Ann said…
Oh I love your dog's coat! One of mine is a greyhound and we've had to have coats made since the store ones never fit his slender figure.
Eddie Ross said…
How adorable is that outfit, complete with the Ralph Lauren hat. Simply dashing. We love that little boy in the background of the photo of you two on the runway. His jaw is literally on the floor at the sight of Redford. So cute. Congratulations.
xo E + J
mikky said…
These photos just kept me smiling and smiling. Redford`s hat is too cute and he looked dashing in his outfit. I`m surprised the pup in the pink outfit wasn`t chasing him all night long!
What a great idea for an event.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Popular Posts