"Home, Sweet Home . . . "




Good morning from before dawn,

I, like so many Americans, am awake early to watch the momentous events in Washington D.C. this morning. I have several friends in D.C. taking part in various events and I don't quite know what I'll do if I see one of them on television. lol.

This evening, after a long day and numerous balls, the Obama's will head home. To this historic home. To our nation's home. To their *new* home for the next four years.

I had the honour of visiting the White House whilst I was vacationing in D.C. during a summer break from college. It was truly a breathtaking experience. After seeing photos of the space throughout my life, it was staggering to be standing in the East Room, or the Green Room, and feel the history of our nation wrapping around you.

The images above are from the March 2008 issue of Architectural Digest that featured the interiors of the 'public' rooms of the White House. Each presidential family leaves a mark on our nation history, and as well, will leave a mark on our nation's home.

I sit here quietly in the dark, excited to see the future of our nation begin to unfold.

tartanscot

for the complete AD article, click here

Comments

I've seen the photos in magazines as well but never been inside myself, even though it's just 4 blocks from my condo! LOL One of these days.....
it's funny, we never seem to visit the 'tourist' sites that are SO close to our homes . . . there are places here in San Francisco that I've still never seen . . . lol.

Popular Posts