"Happy Birthday Mom . . . "


Greetings,

I want to take a little break from our holiday festivities around here to wish my sweet mother a happy birthday.  As with anyone born in the month a December, her birthday always seemed to get mashed up with Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Not always a proper party or gifts.

Not this year.

So - Happy Birthday Mom . . . the gracious lady who taught me how to entertain. Who taught both the power of a good attitude, and the many uses of a bad one.  Who taught me not to leave the house ill-dressed just in case I were to see someone I knew.  Who taught me to embrace the love of travel.  Who taught me that one can never actually have too many dishes.  And who continues to teach me about enjoying life - and not putting up with anyone's bullshit.

That's my mom.

Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Kathy said…
Happy birthday Scots Mom! Such a beautiful birthday tribute to you from Scot. Lovely picture of a lovely (and pretty) of a lovely lady.
Happy birthday!
vignette design said…
I can see where you get your looks! What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful mother--I can identify with her, especially the part of never having too many dishes and not putting up with anyone's bullshit! Happy birthday to you mom! ~Delores
Unknown said…
What a lovely lady and what wonderful gifts she imparted to you! Happy Birthday to the Tartanscot Mom! xo Nancy
WeirdRockStar said…
You have made your mother very proud, I´m sure.
Merlin said…
She's a beauty!! Happy Birthday! franki
Lisa Mende said…
She is precious Scot!!! Love this salute to your Mom. i must say she did a great job raising her son!!
Jeannine520 said…
Happy Birthday to your mom!! What a beautiful lady.
Aww, totally sweet. She looks like you, or you like her ;-) I love her lessons, especially the no bullshit and leaving the house looking nice. Wish more American men would lose the sneakers.
Aww, totally sweet. She looks like you, or you like her ;-) I love her lessons, especially the no bullshit and leaving the house looking nice. Wish more American men would lose the sneakers.
caddykitty said…
I cannot tell you how touched I was that you honored your Mom and shared with us. Brought me to tears really. My Dad passed away 1993 and it still feels like last year. Thank You Scot Cheers and to your Mom a most beloved Birthday.

Popular Posts