"High Point Trunk Show . . . "


Greetings,

It has become a tradition each season during High Point Market that I have a trunk show to debut SMW Home's new textiles and wallpapers.  This year was no different - and I was delighted to be hosted by the lovely team at Currey & Company.  Bright and early Sunday morning - I began to unfurl my new textile collection, and await new friends and old to stop by and see!   


The Currey & Co. Showroom at High Point is somewhat legendary for its endless hospitality and the energetic crowd that it draws every day of market.  Amazing product.  Beautiful showroom.  GREAT music.  And some seriously good food.  I often use it as a hub on long market days - as a place to connect with friends and to be inspired! 

My sweet friend Tobi Fairley stopped by early
on to see what I had been up to - both personally
and  professionally.  Tobi and I have been friends for
over a decade (though neither of us has aged a day!)
and these regular markets always give us a chance
to catch up! 

Jennifer Habley (of noted Hampton's design firm
Habley Handler Interior Design), wanted to see what 
I was working on.  I think a few of our new Chinoiserie and
Summer Tartans might be amazing in one of their projects! 

 I always love meeting new folks at market as well!
And it's the perfect place to share adventures and
struggles with the people who understand
them.

 So many of my new designs are based on
challenging both scale and colour - so being able to
share these designs 'in person' is invaluable.
Our Blackhall Manor Tartan is a wee bit on the
enormous side - and that's just the way I like it!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by - for samples, for 
possible projects, and always for a good laugh!  A grand
'thank you' to Currey and Co. for your gracious hospitality! 
And a special thank you to Beth Tilley Green for your
amazing photographs - and your always charming smile!

Take a look at the new collection - and let me know which one is YOUR favourite.  

Cheers,
Scot

Comments

Merlin said…
Wow! GREAT spot! Luv Tobi, too! franki
Jeannine520 said…
I love most of them but I'm especially fond of Jacob Botanical Stripe, Sebastian Tattersall and MacLeod Tartan (which will surely find a way into my bedroom). Just beautiful, keep up the good work.
greengrass said…
Good blog. Thanks for sharing this nice information for me. I hope you will share some more information. Please keep sharing!

تجهيز ملاعب

Popular Posts