"Sunday Runway, Holiday Style . . . "

All dressed up - with somewhere to go . . . .



Greetings,

Since one can not live by Holiday Decorating Contests alone . . . I thought we'd take a little break from prizes and judges - and talk about clothes!  These next few weeks are most likely jammed packed parties and merriment abounding.   So we need a little velvet.  A little tartan. A bow tie or two.  And plenty of perfect holiday style.

Enjoy . . . .

Rugby - by Ralph Lauren, Holiday 2011


from DS Dundee . . . 

from Hackett, London . . . 

from Jean-Charles de Castelbajac 

Some vintage fabulousness . . . 

I simply love this image . . . 
Tied in tartan . . . 
from Oscar de la Renta . . . 

And some aubergine velvet could work for New Year's Eve too . . .  

Ralph Lauren Collection, Fall 2011

Actress Emma Watson - looking fabulous in Alexander McQueen . . . 

Ralph Lauren Purple Label for Holiday 2011 . . . 



Ralph Lauren - I TOTALLY want these . . . lol . . . 
Wrapped in tartan . . . 
Cheers,
Scot

Comments

I came here via Carol at House and Home Defined...it is so nice to see a blog featuring elegant, classic, and colorful designs. Merry Christmas!
La Dolfina said…
I love these Christmas tartan posts of yours!!!
Your are fueling my love affair with plaid. I'm always looking for it now!
Merry Christmas, Scot!
Splendid Sass said…
Gorgeous perfection! What more can I say?
Teresa
xoxo
I am with you..bring on the velvet and tartan...so luxe and gorgeous and so holiday perfect!
LadyeLisa said…
Oooooo . . . absolutely must have the yummy tartan skirt w/ red belt!! Covet, covet, covet!
Bruce Barone said…
I love the image you love, too. Just adorable.
Daniel Shigo said…
The Aubergine Velvet in 40 Long if you please. And what time did you say the car was coming to pick me up?

LOVE IT!
Sarah said…
Scott, this post makes me want to go shopping for something new ~ perhaps something tartan! ;-)
Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays! ~ sarah
Merlin said…
These photos TAKE MY BREATH AWAY!" My tree is "decked out" in plaid this year...and....I'm wearing plaid for Christmas! Plaid Tidings to you'al! franki
CeceliaMc said…
"I simply love this image . . ."

Me too.

Eight going on thirty.

That's redheads.
Anonymous said…
Ask Hutton Wilkinson if you can borrow his velvet dinner jacket he wore to our daughter Ella's deb party in 1987!! (He and Tony Duquette did the decorations.....Michael Carney did the music....! In Pasadena!!!) quite remarkable! How much do you know about Pasadena?)

Hutton still has it; it still fits him! And you will love it!!

(I think you are too tall for it.....but you could take pictures of it!)

Hutton has a portrait in some attic that is aging....because he is not!!!

fab post! If I can find myself in the cutest long plaid skirt in 1972 I will send it!
I cannot enter the contest! We are on vacation in Rancho Santa Fe....and won't be home in time to sending our live tree.....and our antique toile Christmas stockings.....but I will send them anyway!

Genius; my friend buys fragments of 18th century toile....and makes small things with them (especially loving the hand-sewn patches)!

Now that is "green"!
I will send some pictures!
Vickie H. said…
Adored this post....it just isn't Christmas without beautiful Tartan to accentuate the season! And no one does it like YOU!!!

Popular Posts