24 February, 2011

"L.A. Story - Windsor Smith . . . "

Main Entrance,
Photo credit - Victoria Pearson for House Beautiful

Well - let's start our tour through some of my favourite Los Angeles designers with the perfect combination of style and charm.  Windsor Smith.  I had the great pleasure of meeting Windsor last year when I was down in Los Angeles - and I can assure you that her gracious designs are matched by her charming personality.  Her LA home was recently featured in House Beautiful - enjoy a peek into this glamorous space . . . bright.  balanced.  chic.

The Master Bedroom
“I found this amazing embroidered satin from Bergamo Fabrics and used 
it on the bed, to create a little jewel box,” Smith says. “And then I added 
that whimsical Italian mirror. It’s like a star hanging over us.”
- Windsor Smith

The Family Room

"For a dinner party, the chandeliers are lit very low, and all the silver sparkles. 
You feel as if you're eating in a fine restaurant, yet you're at home. 
People feel so relaxed. We linger for hours"
- Windsor Smith


images and text from House Beautiful.  Photo credit - Victoria Pearson


The Devoted Classicist said...

It is all very attractive. Dinner parties right by the stove could be fun, with the cook/waitperson not missing out on anything.

Splendid Sass said...

Love her work, and this is my all time favorite kitchen! Love.

Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors said...

Love the kitchen what a great place for dinner parties

vignette design said...

I love her home, especially her kitchen. OMG! So wonderful. The entry is fabulous too.

Classic Style said...

Oh my I love the kitchen

Angela @ DiaryofaChair.blogspot said...

Scot! I love your style! When I first saw the image of the black and white foyer with hits of fresh green in House Beautiful, I fell head over heels:) And that kitchen with the large windows, GORGEOUS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails