"Tartanscot Holiday Contest . . . "





Greetings,

Well, the holiday season is finally here!  So let's have some fun during the month of December.  For those of you who have been long-time readers, you'll know how MUCH I love decorating for the holidays.  The smell of fresh cedar.  The feel of pine sap on my fingers.  Maybe some holiday music on the stereo.

Since you've all seen what my place looks like this holiday season - I really want to see what y'all have been up to . . . So, I'm pleased to announce the first annual "Tartanscot Holiday Decorating Contest!"


There are three categories that you can enter :

1)  Christmas Tree ( lights.  ornaments.  creativity. )

2)  Dining Room ( it's one of the best times of the year to entertain.  Let's see that dining table! )

3)  Fireplace Mantel.  ( let your imagination sparkle! )

How to do it:

1)  Decorate your home. 

2)  Take digital photos.

3)  Email your images (along with your name and address) to "Tartanscotcontest@gmail.com" 


But, don't think it will just be me here - throwing darts at the wall to see who's going to win.   Tune in on Wednesday to meet our panel of Celebrity Judges - a collection of designers and bloggers from around the world.  

And it's not just for bragging rights - images of the winning entries will be posted here on Tartanscot during Christmas week - and I'll also be announcing our special prizes for the contest later in the week.  

Now, for the small print:

THE CONTEST RULES -
CONTEST ENTRIES:
Contest begins on Monday November 29, 2010 and ends at 11:59
p.m., E.T. on Thursday December 16, 2010. Winners 
will be announced on December 21, 2010.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
The contest is open to both interior designers and 
design enthusiasts who want an opportunity to showcase
their work in the 'Tartanscot Holiday Decorating Contest'.
HOW TO ENTER:
Submit clear photographs (up to a maximum of three photos)
of each room designed by you to (tartanscotcontest@gmail.com). It
can be either your own personal home or a home designed by you for a
client, just as long as it is your OWN work.
Photograph from every angle, including close-ups and special details. 
Images should be no larger than 1MB and in jpg format. 
Provide your full name and address.






Cheers and best of luck,
Scot

Comments

Rashon Carraway said…
What a great contest. I will sure to try to submit mine.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting
http://mrgoodwillhunting
Mrs. Blandings said…
What fun! Can't wait to see the entries.
La Maison Fou said…
What a great gift! Oh what fun....
L.
Such a great idea. Can't wait to see!

H.H.
Linda Merrill said…
Dude - that's lawyer talk at the bottom. Past career?

Great idea - can't wait to see the entries!
@Linda,

LOL - actually, there WAS a point when I was planning to go to law school. But, I was VERY young. And possibly watching "The Paper Chase."

S
Kasia _ JACOB said…
Great idea. Waiting for ideas. I greet the Polish winter.

Catherine
What a fun idea ! I will enjoy looking at the photos.
In Buenos Aires, there are no Christmas trees ( real ones anyway) and wreaths and very little decorating.
I have to make do with what I brought with us from the US...
How exciting! I will definitely submit pics, it will be hard to limit it to 3 pictures of each room though:) I have my entire home done, now just have to clean some more and will start submitting pics!!!! Thanks, this is a great idea!!!! XO, Pinky
vignette design said…
Oh, I'm so in! Can we enter more than one category?
Now I need to get off my butt and hang up all that live garland I just bought!
Your are so fun. Of course I am still trying to get your fab house out of my head!
Maggie O said…
From a mature ID student with final presentation tommorow and exam results - thoughts now turning to your competition...way to relax eh! Gone until 13th so I will give it my all for a few days on return and submit what I have. My final project I did in tartan theme - think you may have liked??? Got 100% for Scottish style essay!!luv it,luv it, luv it -too much !
Sounds fun! I think I'll submit my blue mantel.
katiedid said…
I am hoping to pull the house in order in time to enter! Oh, what fun to see all the entries!!!! And the judges are great of course!
Claudia Juestel said…
Great idea! Can't wait to see the photos.

Cheers,

Claudia

Popular Posts