"That which does not kill you . . ."



Good Afternoon,

I hope everyone is planning (or already having!) a great weekend.  I know we all have our 'regular Saturday rituals' and mine is a morning workout with Koi Fitness.  I've been training with Koi for about 2 years and can't imagine starting my day any other way.  We meet most morning before dawn in Golden Gate Park to engage in a , shall we call it 'lively,' workout with some of the most amazing trainers that I ever had the opportunity to work with.

Good news - Saturday.  On Saturday we meet at Baker Beach (yes, the beach pictured above) and 'run-sprint-sit-up-push-up-run-side-plank-crunch-sprint-yoga-stretch' for about an hour.


Bad News - the Baker Beach Sand Ladder.  This is what greeted us this morning.  It's a tough run to the top if this thing (and, yes, there's more of it past the horizon line in that image . .. lol).  It's really tough to run it twice.  Today, we ran (well, and walked, and at times stumbled up) it 6 times.  (and, yes, Joe, Peter, Dave, Brighton, and John ran it 7 times - whatever!) Ugh.  

I think the best part of the entire bootcamp program is that you never quite know what you might be capable of until some tells you to do something, and you realize that you're just going to have to do it.

Six times up.  Six times down.  with an untold number of push-ups and crunches and side-planks mixed in between.

For me, it's a great metaphor for life.  You'll never know what you can accomplish until you just start something with the clear knowledge that you are just going to have to finish it.

So, pick something you think is impossible.

And - - - - -  "GO !"

Comments

Scott Fazzini said…
Oh me, I need to live in San Fran.! No other place in the US has that energy. You are a lucky boy!
Anonymous said…
I just wandered over to you via ArchitectDesign. Great style and we are even neighbors..sort of.

Looking forward to checking in.

Stacey~
P.S. you are so cute too! :)
Hey Stacey !

and welcome. glad you stopped by.
You are so good! I'm telling you, the only time I'm running is if someone is chasing me! I suppose that's what those trainers would have to do with me. Ugh! I can't imagine! I think I'd have to have an EMT at the top and bottom waiting on me!

Like I said, you are good! Happy weekend to you too!
Renae Moore said…
Oh my goodness Scot...what a workout, it always feels good when you are finished! :>)

I have seen your commentary on some of my fave blogs and thought I would pop over to see you.

Don't you just love SF? I am doing a bike ride that starts there and does a big loop (somehow) going up into Sonoma and back around the first week in June and we get to ride over the GG bridge.

Do pop over to my blog if you get a chance...I got the meet Suzanne, Marcia and Suze at the Atlanta mart yesterday!

Blessings...
Renae,

I've been in the bay area for over 20 years . . . and in San Francisco properly for about 15 years, and yes, I do love it here.

Can't believe you met Suzanne Kasler !?!?! She is kind of a genius.

thanks for stopping by.
I love this post. I shall think of your unshakeable spirit and determination when I return home from London stuffed to the gills with sticky toffee pudding and see the 'tsk tsk' in my trainer's eyes...

I'm adding you to my blog roll, BTW. You are too adorable!
Lisa,

Hope you're having an AMAZING time in London. Wish I was there as well. lol.

*checks travelocity site to see fares*

Popular Posts