"Pucker Up . . . "

Greetings all,

Just a little something I found this morning. - it should totally make you a smile. As found on LaughingSquid.com



"Around thirty mischievous merry makers sneaked out in the dead of night on Friday, December 18th, to not-so-covertly install bundles of mistletoe over public spaces where people congregate in San Francisco. In a brief discussion with the mastermind behind this devious plan, he explained his motivations:

The theory is that by installing mistletoe over places like crosswalks, bus stops, the instersection in front of the ferry building, etc., we can cause a few moments where random folks will see the mistletoe, make eye contact, and then be faced with the choice of social norms: ignore the stranger and be a callous soulless creature, or smile and kiss a total stranger. I think this is interesting because most everyone wants to do the later, but not many people will take the risk of trying to kiss a stranger – unless there is encouragement.

The mistletoe can be found hovering above cross walk all along Valencia Street, The Castro, Church and Market area, the Ferry Building, and the Upper and Lower Haight. Go out and encourage people, or better yet, find some and lead by example."
- post by Burstein!

I'm putting on Chapstick before heading out for lunch,
tartanscot

Comments

Annie said…
That's a fabulous idea! The fact you are applying extra chapstick just in case cracks me up!!
Oh my...not sure how I feel about this. It could be either very very GOOD or very VERY bad! lol
Anonymous said…
I think it's pretty darn sweet!
La Maison Fou said…
Great one!
Love that, what a way to bring cheer to you & yours!
Leslie
Sandra said…
What an awesome idea!! I'm loving it!
Kiss don't make war..
a super idea.
You better get cherry flavor..
O.M.G. - I actually saw one of these right by my drugstore on the way home from work . . .

and I TOTALLY loitered trying to find someone to kiss . . . but, alas, there was no one around . . . and I was starting to feel kinda creepy . . . lol.

but, I know where it is!
Oh, goodness! Your Chapstick comment had me laughing out loud! You are just too cute, SMW!

(I was actually faced with this "mistletoe awkwardness" a few years back. Fortunately, I knew the person--but we weren't quite "that close" UNTILL that moment!! Come to think of it, the last time I saw that fellow, he did apply Chapstick right in front of me...humm)

Hugs, KISSES and a very Merry Christmas to you!
Unknown said…
How fun! Random acts of affection Love Love Love it better drop some tic tack's in your pocket as well. In case the cherry flavor chap stick attracts some real holiday magic and merriment!
Expect good to happen....it usually does!

Cheers!

Bette

Popular Posts