"I promise, I swear . . . "

. . . there's an 18th Century 'Directoire-Styled' Daybed in the middle of the pile. I've always thought that antique shopping was 1) one part organization, 2) one part education, 3) one part luck, and 4) six parts excavation. I'm on the hunt for a daybed that I can use for a small home office for seating and the occasional guest. There's a tough little 'rabbit hole' entrance and I don't think I can fit a proper sofa or loveseat through the door. Still thinking.

maybe recovered in chocolate mohair?

more shopping today,
tartanscot

Comments

Oh, oh, oh! Can you send that my way? I just think it's great! Chocolate mohair--be still my heart!

Let me just say, I went to your "real" website and I am about to have a FIT! You are amazingly talented. How I wish that you were in the Southern part of the country! You and I would have a field day!

Hope you are enjoying the Sea Island posts. I think I may get to the Smoking Lounge today, let's hope. Now, if I could just figure out that bench. Humm...
wow . . . thank you for such kind words.

and, rest assured, if you're ever in San Francisco we can SO go shopping!

And be aware, I'm back in Mississippi every year to see my folks . . . so you never know!
Oh thats fabulous!!! Why not cover it in a tartan wool??? brown mohair sounds beautiful though.
it's SO hard to find good daybeds - such a great piece of furniture you'd think there would be tons of them out there!
lol . . . actually, I'm upholstering the walls in wool tartan.

it's gonna be marvelous.
Grant K. Gibson said…
it is fab! Looks like one I saw in Paris that I regret not buying. Boo for me...Yeah for you!
Mrs. Blandings said…
I have been on the hunt for exactly the same thing for my bedroom sitting room. I'd love an old painted finish, but still, just this. It seems to solve all the problems, doesn't it?

Popular Posts