"When Nature Calls . . . "


Lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay

Greetings,

Vacations.  You know - doing weeks of online research - finding the passports - having the mail held at the post office - shopping for fun paperback books to read - retrieving the luggage from the garage - getting tickets for a show - finding the perfect hotel - making dinner reservations . . .

Or.  Conversely.  You can do what we did.  Deciding late on Thursday afternoon that we were going to head up to Lake Tahoe on Friday afternoon and stay for the holiday weekend.

Found a cute little cabin where we could stay.

Tossed some shorts and a few polo shirts into a vintage Louis Vuitton bag.

Printed out directions from the computer.

And hit the road on less than 24 hours notice.

Oh, and remembered to grab the camera.

With fully charged batteries.

Yay.

High above Lake Tahoe - on our way to lunch.

Ehrman Mansion, in Sugar Pine Point State Park. 






Looking across Emerald Bay - just before sunset.

Moonrise over the lake.

Cheers,
Scot

All photography, Scot Meacham Wood

Comments

Wow, Scot!

This is amazing, huh?

I love having trips like that, where you decide almost the day before. I love surprising life and letting life surprise me.

It should be spontaneous!


xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com
Last minute trips can be the best - love all your photo's - hope you had a nice holiday!

All the best, Katie from
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

ps...I'm always posting to my blog even when we're on vacation and trying ever so hard to stay away from the computer - it's an addiction of the good kind!
Belle de Ville said…
Lovely photos! It looks so relaxing there.
Love it! Being a very impromptu person who thrives on doing things on a whim...you are my kind of traveler! That looks like a beautiful and perfect getaway, Lake Tahoe is magnificent! Hope you had fun...
We had a great time - thank you! A great weekend - and a much needed break from the office!

Scot
Unknown said…
Beautiful photos. I'd love to go there. I'm 15 minutes from the beach but have been craving a cabin on a lake in the woods. The grass is always greener...lol
Shani said…
How beautiful! And I'm impressed that you remembered the camera AND the batteries! With me it's one or the other, and I end up stuck using my iPhone. Cheers!
So pretty...been too long since venturing to Tahoe. Thank you for these inspiring photos!! ~ Kim
Unknown said…
Now that's true independence! Sparkling photos too good for you.
Anonymous said…
Oh Bravo! What a great idea!

I love spontaneous trips!

we used to stay on Emerald Bay years ago......I think it was the Spreckles house...some sugar people...(I think!)...totally gorgeous.....unspoiled.....tents on the lawn for the children.....totally fabulous! An old wooden house......the opposite of "McMansions"!!!

It seems "Emerald Bay" is still an unspoiled part of Tahoe!!! How uplifting!!!

Thanks for the beautiful post!
Vickie H. said…
So beautiful and picturesque! I know you all came back rested and recharged!
Maison de lin said…
Hello Scot,

I can stay for a few weeks in a place like this :-)

Thanks to sharing this whit us!

Have a nice weekend
Jérôme
Great photos. What are you shooting with?

Popular Posts