"In Every Job That Must Be Done . . . "


Greetings,

Just in case you were bemoaning the fact that you've had to spend your weekend catching up on the various domestic chores that seem to fill a goodly portion of our Saturdays and Sundays . . .

Let me introduce you to . . .


The Art of Extreme Ironing . . .


Wait, I didn't say extremely silly ironing -




I said EXTREME IRONING ! ! !





According to the official website, extreme ironing is "the latest
danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor
activity with the satisfaction of a well-pressed shirt."




And you thought ironing those fitted sheets was a challenge . . .





And just in case you're not feeling 'extreme' about your ironing . . . maybe you can just sing an English folk song to pass the time . . .

*checking the tension on the newly installed zip line*
tartanscot

Comments

Very Funny! Perhaps they could add it as one of the challenges on "The Next Design Star"... ~Terri
Gwen Driscoll said…
You are hilarious! And what will you come up with next. Hope you have a great week.
Unknown said…
That's an extreme look at an exact science. I love ironing and house chores. They're the true Zen Zone of home. Nothing feels better than having everything in it's place including ironing. Great post!

Bette
Grant K. Gibson said…
And now I feel even WORSE for not ironing those linen napkins!
Terri - that would CERTAINLY narrow down the field of competitors greatly . . . lol.
Bette,

There is just something that I find to be SO rewarding from dealing with those weekly mundane tasks . . . ironing, polishing, folding . . .
Karena said…
Too funny Scot. The ironing board ONLY comes out when absolutely necessary!! Check my site an event in SF you may want to attend...

Karena
Art by Karena
Merana Leigh said…
thinking....thinking....do I even know where my ironing board is? This post is HILARIOUS! Perfect way to start the day ... Monday at that!
I have to admit that I love love ironing - It is a wonderful past time of mine. I kind of meditate while Iron - Don't ask me why.
Claudia Juestel said…
Hilarious! I immediately sent it to my client who LOVES ironing. :)

Cheers,

Claudia
You are sooooo funny! Where do you find these pictures. I, too, love ironing and I know I'll be giggling and thinking of this next time I'm doing it!
This is hilarious!

It was a pleasure meeting you today. Adding you to my blogroll. Lunch soon. xo
Pigtown*Design said…
Love ironing. Just bought a great Rowenta iron and now I love it even more. I even iron my linen tea towels.

Popular Posts