"Procrastination, thy name is . . . "

Good evening faithful reader,

I'm sitting here in my office with a goodly sized project staring me clearly in the face. So before I dive into the last details of the story boards, space plans, and budgets, I thought I'd take a mental break and scan through the newest edition of Traditional Home that arrived on my desk this afternoon. I'm also avoiding getting messy Thai food all over the blueprints this way.

Wow. I just love what architect William T. Baker and interior designer Suzanne Kasler have done for this gracious home outside Indianapolis. The space just feels so calm and serene. And the simple, clear colour story certainly assists towards that goal. Who wouldn't want to face the day after waking is this spectacular bedroom?

I also love when I see an 'iconic' element that I've used in one of my own projects, such as the whimsical twig light-fixture used here over the family room's dining table.

And here it is again, in all its holiday glory, from a client's home in Lake Tahoe photographed last Christmas.

Okay, back to work,
tartanscot

click here for the complete Traditional Home article

Comments

It's hard to go wrong with Suzanne Kassler. Her work is amazing. I had the pleasure of staying at Blackberry Farm where she had her had in much of the design. (I've got pictures of it on my blog) I so enjoy your blog. Thanks for procrastinating for us!

Popular Posts